walk in the park

Monday, November 23, 2009

i have been doing a lot of creating for others lately, and decided i needed to make a few things for myself. i am hoping that having something new to wear will help my mood. so i made list of things i want to make before the bean is born, some are small and some are more substantial. i saw the walk in the park hat and fell in love. its perfect for our sunday walks with the dogs.

i used one skein of the new cascade superwash 128 yarn. what a fabulous yarn! its soft, squishy, and knits up fast. i bought two skeins and only used one so i think i am going to take it back and make another hat in grey. i made it a little shorter in the length, mainly because i would have to use some, but not all of the second skein and i wasnt so sure if i would like the slouchy look on me. i am pleased with the results.

i am looking forward to some cooler weather and a walk in the park with my precious husband and dogs.




2 comments:

  1. Look at you!! Fabulous hat. I might need one now. Maybe a chunky merino... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hat looks so great. I just started knitting and knitted myself a hat, too. But maybe I will knit another one like yours. Love that one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete