in print

Friday, October 23, 2009

remember this post?

well, the book pure knits is now officially in bookstores and knitting shops across the country. i was in barnes and noble today, and i have to admit that seeing the book on the shelf made my heart go pitter patter. seeing one's name and designs in print can make a girls head swell with pride. yahaira did a fabulous job putting the book together and i think it was well worth the wait!

the mary ellen camisole was named for my maternal grandmother, mary ellen who passed away in september of 2007. she was quite a woman! i know you would have loved her. she turned 80 in may of 2007 and i knit her a cashmere blanket for her gift. she was always cold. i attempted to use the purse stitch, but somehow, i changed it and liked the result. that stitch inspired this garment and i thought it was fitting to name it after my grandmother. in addition, this photo was waiting in my email inbox when i returned home from her funeral.

the dimple v-neck was inspired by one of my favorite stitches, the dimple stitch and my all time favorite yarn, blue sky alpacas alpaca silk. the result is a garment that has immense possibilities. this yarn is a dream to work with and comes in a magnificent array of colors and i love the texture the dimple stitch creates.

this was a great project to work on and its nice to see all the hours of work in print.

thanks for indulging me.......

3 comments:

  1. Just back from 'away', catching up on all I've missed, (please note: I chose not to focus enough on the luscious, handmade chocolates to comment on them!!
    Congratulations on your name and pattern in print; now I will go on a search for it, want to see it in person
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lucinda! It's fun having a famous friend! I love the patterns ... and the sentimental value attached. Will be looking for the book next time I'm at B and N. -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof, again, of what a talented and creative gal you are! I can knit a pattern, but to create that pattern - I don't think so! Congratulations on your beautiful patterns now being in print for all to see and make. :-)

    ReplyDelete