friday knitting

Friday, May 8, 2009

today i give you black and silver metallic knit up in eight different fair isle patterns, with a hint vegas show girl and romance on the side. you see, when my precious husband and i decided to get married, las vegas was the location and new years eve was the date.


then came the question of what to wear, we both had been married before, and i didnt want a traditional wedding dress. i saw this dress in the 25th anniversary edition on vogue knitting and it screamed of las vegas on new years eve. i knew it was THE dress i would wear and i MUST knit it. so, i set about finding the yarn and started knitting. it took me about 2 months to knit. i just love it. i think i am going to have it framed, it is work of art!


please enjoy....

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing - looks like mega chart and sizing work. I am very impressed with your knitting prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will forfeit my needles to the Knitting Gods because I will never come close to your skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome dress! You actually knitted it yourself?! I'm speechless. Whisper: lovely couple!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one in their right mind would even think of knitting that! It had to be the effects of love! WoW!! is all I can say. Yes, definitely frame it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is gorgeous Lucinda!!! I want to see it in person! Hope you're having a nice day. -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I hadn't read and reviewed "Friday Night Knitting Club" a while back,I would never have believed such things possible! Well done! PS I love the bibs you are making in Alyssa's jig etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete