branching out

Saturday, June 26, 2010






here is my latest sewing/quilting venture. i had some of that darling scarlet fig fabric leftover and thought it would be perfect for a pillow. i decided to use my501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place)as inspiration. i found a block that showcased the whimsical nature of the fabric and went to work. to be honest, i was totally winging it, which was freeing and uncomfortable at the same time. i usually have a plan when i start cutting fabric, especially fabric that i love.  but this time i just let creativity be my guide. ok, i had a rough sketch in my head.

anyway, i decided to try quilting the front all by myself. i used my walking foot and everything. it wasn't so bad. but then again the front was only 16 x 16 inches. we are not talking a whole quilt here!
i put a zipper in the back, not perfectly, but it looks pretty good. zippers are tricky little suckers.

but overall i am quite pleased with the result. i think i just might make a few more. i have fabric that would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment