purging

Saturday, January 17, 2009

i am not a saver, dont get me wrong i am sentimental about "things" but there has to be a VERY good reason for me to hold on to something. and because i am not a saver, there is nothing that makes me happier than a good purge. there is something so theraputic about getting rid of stuff, throwing out the old and creating space, that can be either physical or emotional.

jamey is not a purger, he is very practical and if there is any chance that an item might have value at some point in the future, he strongly believes that we should keep it. it makes him very nervous when i am in the mood to purge.

fortunately for me, we are being forced into a purging state. we are remodeling our kitchen and they start tuesday. so while we are packing up our stuff we are purging at the same time. unfortuantely for jamey, i am wanting to purge more than just the kitchen.....

there is a part of me that wants to throw away everything in cooper's room. i know this sounds a little drastic and my precious husband will keep me from doing that, but there is a part of me that can not even imagine another baby using coopers things. i struggle with what to do with the nursery on a daily basis. i know there is no set schedule for tackling that room, but it makes me anxious not having a plan for that space. intellectually, i know that when i am ready to deal with it, i will instinctively know what to "save" and what to "purge". but knowing that doesnt prevent the anxiety surrounding that room.

thankfully, writing here helps clear the clutter in my mind and reduces my anxiety levels. so for now i will stick to cleaning out my closet and the office and trust that when i am ready to make decisions about coopers room, i will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment