casual observations

Thursday, August 11, 2011

i have not been practicing yoga very long.
probably a month,
and i would not call myself a yogi,
but i have made some casual observations.


** i like yoga gear way too much, this is problematic only because it is "spendy" (as athena would say)

** there are some days when yoga is fun, uplifting and exhilarating.

** there are other days, when i just want it to be over.

** no matter which day it is, i always feel stronger after a class.

** i like quirky yoga teachers, technical yoga teachers.

** i do not like the more stereotypical yoga teacher.

** i am not still not good at being still.

** i am not a fan of the incense they burn before class.

** i love that the room if heated to 90 plus degrees.

** i love that i sweat.

** the me time is good.

** my body is beginning to crave yoga.

** i see this being a life time practice, which is cool.

** the thought of being able to accomplish "full wheel" seems daunting, but i hope some day i can....

** i love yoga more than i thought i would.




1 comment:

  1. Really?!? I say "spendy?" oh my. I'm 90. It's official. I need to go have a seat on my davenport before I fall over....

    I've never done hot yoga. It scares me.
    I want to be able to do a forearm stand.

    I am in love with my yoga bag.

    Probably because it wasn't very spendy.....

    ReplyDelete