lighter

Wednesday, February 23, 2011


i did it.
i cut my hair.
and went blond.
so i am feeling lighter today.

when i was younger
a drastic change in my hair
meant that i was not
in a good emotional place.

but that was in my youth.
this change is nothing more
than a need for something
fresh
modern
edgy.

my hair was always
in a ponytail
and i felt frumpy.

besides i spend good money
on my hair.
too much for it to
always be in a ponytail.

lee, my hair guru
asked me a whole host
of questions
before agreeing to cut it.

he doesn't like making
drastic hair changes
on clients if the
change represents
anything more than
an updated look.

i passed the test
and my hair team
went to work.

its funny
how the entire salon
became fixated on my
change in hairstyle.

their was a unanimous
decision
that the change
was good.

what do you think?

13 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm doing the opposite in letting my grow longer
    and getting RED highlights!

    SGWC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.
    It makes your eyes look amazing.
    Truly.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to say that, but you look 10 years older. The long hair was better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think i makes you look younger. Super cute! Love it. Love the blonde! Your eyes look great with that cut. It really compliments them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it makes you look 10 years younger- not that you looked old to begin with! I think it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I.G.N.O.R.E. that comment above...I think the hair cut is AWESOME! Fun, edgy, whimsical and quirky all rolled into one. Hummm...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cut Lucinda!!!! Aaron's behind me looking and he agrees :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I don't think it makes you look older--just the opposite, younger and hipper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to see it in person, but I love short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it! I'm waiting to chop mine off as soon as i have enough to donate to Locks of Love. Good move Luc!

    ReplyDelete