handmade holidays

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

**photo from living creatively
the holidays are my all time favorite time of year. i love the traditions that surround the holiday season, the coming together of family and friends, and all the holiday cheer. i still, at the age of 36, have a hard time sleeping xmas eve.

last year the holidays were very difficult, we went through the motions thinking if we did what we knew the pain of cooper's death would some how lessen. my family put on a brave face for my sake, knowing how much i love the holiday season. i don't know what this year will feel like emotionally. but, we are planning on going home to my parents, as long as the bean cooperates. there is nothing more festive than santa fe at at xmas time.

i decided in an attempt to make this holiday season extra special to make everyone's gift. a process i should have started months ago. i have my list made, materials collected and started two gifts this week. a pretty good start.

don't
worry, i will share my handmade holidays, after all the gifts have been opened.

do you plan on having a handmade holiday season?

1 comment:

  1. Lucinda, I am planning on crafting up a storm for the holidays. Home-made gifts for all! One of my favorite new crafty blogs for inspiration is Angry Chicken. check it out, I think you would like it. Happy crafting!

    sara o

    ReplyDelete