rules for my unborn son, by walker lamond. lamond wrote this
book as a way to preserve the words of wisdom, bits of advice
and rules that his father told him while growing up, while at the
same time adding a modern day twist.
incidentally, his first son was born shortly after he finished
writing the book.
i was intrigued and thought it would be a good to buy for the
bean's room (it would also make a great baby shower gift).
my precious husband i and stood in the garage,
flipping through the book,
laughing, debating and agreeing with lamond's rules for his unborn son.
these are some of my favorites:
* yes ma' am. no sir. no exceptions.
* make a hipsters day. donate old clothes to charity.
* sit in front of the classroom.
* remember the girl you are with is somebody's sister. and he is
perfectly capable of kicking your ass.
* don't underestimate your fertility.
* let napping dad's lie.
* dont date the bartender.
* when fishing, practice catch and release.
* until you are a doctor, never answer your phone at the table.
* nothing is more important than family.
this is a great book. it has tidbits that we can all benefit from, i cant
wait to share it with the bean.