u pick

Sunday, July 26, 2009


when i was a toddler, we lived in lexington, ky. this was the place where i fell in love with horses and fruit. to hear my parents tell it, they would take me to the u pick strawberry farms and plop me down in between the rows and i would stuff my little face with strawberries. there is nothing better than fresh fruit in the summer, i can not get enough of it.

west texas is not the most fertile location on earth. sure, cotton, mesquite and tumbleweeds do grow, but there are no u pick farms in west texas. so you can imagine my delight when i moved to upstate new york and discovered all the fruit farms. i was in heaven.

this morning my precious husband and i went to one of the farms not far from our house to pick cherries and raspberries. and true to form, i picked one for the basket and one for my mouth. i have a feeling that i could eat enough cherries and raspberries today to make myself sick. but i just cant help myself, they are so tasty. just look at the size of them.....


1 comment:

  1. I can close my eyes and still see the face of an angel...covered in sticky red juice...What fun we all had when we had nothing...but we were so happy...Love...Mom

    ReplyDelete