Overheard

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I am one of the room mothers
For Chace's class at school.
I am also the co-chair of
This years fundraising auction for the school.

Each class creates a project to auction off.
The room mothers are in charge of organizing this task.
Since I am a room mom and can sew.
Guess what that means?

Yep. You guessed it.
Chace's class project is a quilt!
My thought was to give each child
A white square of fabric, have them draw a letter of the alphabet
And then have them draw items that start with that letter.

I will then sew the blocks together
And appliqué fabric letters in each block.
I think it will work.
Or at least I hope it will work.

Yesterday was the day
That we created the drawing on the blocks.
We heard some awesome things from the children.

Like:

" I play a angry birds so I am going to draw a red bird"

" my brother is going to be so surprised to see me"

" my mom is really good at drawing penguins"

" I don't know how to draw"

And my personal favorite:

" when my mom gets nervouse she chews her hair"

I am sure the parents of these children
Would be thrilled to know what their kids
Were sharing with the room moms while drawing.

Note to self: maybe I should always be the room mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment