A breakthrough

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I hesitate to say this out loud
But I think we have turned a corner
In the potty training department.

Over the Christmas holiday
Chace started telling us when he had
To pee, but the pooping department
Has been a struggle to say the least

Ok, let's be honest
I was a full on battle of wills
He knew it was important to us
So he refused to go anywhere but his underwear.

We even made him clean
His poopy underwear in a bucket 
Of water with gloves in the basement
This did not phase him one bit.

Talk about hardheaded
I don't know where he gets that from!

Then something happened on Wednesday
He started telling us when he had to poop!
I didn't want to get my hopes up.
But since Wednesday all poop has gone
Where it belongs, the toilet.

I am hopeful we have turned the corner.
Ok, beyond hopeful.
The breakthrough over the holidays
Was preceded by two days of absolutely horrible behavior.
We survived two days of such behavior this week.

Fingers crossed people
Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment